Sunday, 20 December 2009

Nativity Set Blog Carnival

This week is the start of a really busy time in my house. My eldest child is so excited about santa coming and is counting the number of sleeps. It was lovely to take a step back from all the rushing about on Saturday to go to a Prayer Shop in my town where all the Churches are taking part. They rented a shop and turned it into a lovely, peaceful place to relax with a cuppa and pray or be prayed for. The kids loved colouring in the nativity scene on the wall and writing their names on Christmas decorations to then hang on the Christmas tree as their way of saying thank you to God for sending His Son Jesus as a baby.

Janmary is hosting a Nativity Set Carnival where we all get to share our own nativity sets or ones we wish we owned.


MckLinky Blog Hop


I only have one proper nativity set which I actually purchased this year. I love it as you can use the box in which to store the set after Christmas as the stable.



I had a look around my house and found a few other Christmas ornaments which I love as they remind me of the nativity scene.






What a lovely morning we had today when we woke up to find that it had been snowing and it was lying. The kids just wanted out in it to build a snowman and have a snowball fight. We all built the biggest snowman we could. I had to lift my eldest son so he could put the carrot nose on and the hat. I love the snow as long as I don't have to travel in it.





Hope you all have a lovely Christmas and a happy new year.

5 comments:

  1. I love your nativity scene! Very cute! Thanks for sharing with us!

    Merry Christmas!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the look of this one. Sort of folk art.
    I have some on my tree too.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back to blogging :)

    Love your new set, and the Silent Night one is beautiful.

    Mr Snowman did not look quite so good after the partial thaw last night - we were very tempted to run him over!!!

    Is he still standing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. No. Poor Mr Frosty has lost his head.

    ReplyDelete